List of References¶
For utilizing TLS scans a QSM method has been adapted to work on plot level. The whole plugin was developed utilizing source code from an open
source tool named SimpleTree ([[http://www.simpletree.uni-freiburg.de/]]). This standalone tool is unsupported since the core was integrated in
the Computree platform. Still the mandatory citation for utilizing this plugin is:
- Hackenberg, J.; Spiecker, H.; Calders, K.; Disney, M.; Raumonen, P., SimpleTree —An Efficient Open Source Tool to Build Tree Models from TLS Clouds. , Forests 2015 , 6, 4245-4294.
Two earlier published manscripts exist as well, the second one is mandatory to cite also if you use the test data which was published there:
- Hackenberg, J.; Morhart, C.; Sheppard, J.; Spiecker, H.; Disney, M. Highly Accurate Tree Models Derived from Terrestrial Laser Scan Data: A Method Description. Forests 2014, 5, 1069-1105.
- Hackenberg, J.; Wassenberg, M.; Spiecker, H.; Sun, D. Non Destructive Method for Biomass Prediction Combining TLS Derived Tree Volume and Wood Density. Forests 2015, 6, 1274-1300.
Additionally from the following publication was adapted:
- Cote, J.F.; Fournier, R.A.; Egli, R.; An architectural model of trees to estimate forest structural attributes using terrestrial LiDAR. ;Environ. Model. Softw. 2011, 26, 761-777.
To support the core team (Alexandre and Michael) of Computree the best peer-reviewed resource might be this, as it describes steps included in the pipeline:
- Ahlem Othmani, Alexandre Piboule, M. Krebs, C. Stolz, L.F.C. Lew Yan Voon; Towards automated and operational forest inventories with T-Lidar. 11th International Conference on LiDAR Applications for Assessing Forest Ecosystems (SilviLaser) 2011, Hobart Australia.
In addition the plugin steps rely heavily on the point cloud library ():
- Radu Bogdan Rusu and Steve Cousins, 3D is here: Point Cloud Library (PCL). IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2011, China Shanghai.
and the OpenCV library ([[http://code.opencv.org/projects/opencv/wiki/CiteOpenCV]]), which you might also want to use to give credit to the people working on those projects.
As soon as my crown segmentation algorithm and the advanced QSM method is published I will give you more citations. In case you submit a manuscript results produced with the plugin clearly mention the version of the release.