|...version française de cette page|
Download and install Computree 5.0¶
Unzip the archive where you want to install Computree.
For Linux, Computree must be compiled from source code, as shown here
Completing Installation on Windows¶
On Windows, just create a shortcut (right click, create a shortcut) to CompuTreeGui.exe executable file.
- Update the driver of your graphic card
- Install MSVC 2015 Redistributable:
- Either by running the redist/vcredist_x64.exe file from the Computree main directory
- Or by running the downloadable file from Microsoft website: “Microsoft Download”: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?Id=48145
Known problem: Computree does not seem to work with Intel HD graphics cards.
Completing installation on Ubuntu¶
Under Ubuntu, creating the shortcut requires a few extra steps (Ubuntu version 13.04 and later).
- Open a terminal (CTRL + ALT + T)
- Go to the installation directory of Computree (use comands cd FolderName and cd .. to navigate into the directory hierarchy)
- Type the following command:
- This creates a file named computree.desktop
- Open a file explorer and navigate to the installation directory of Computree
- Drag the file computree.desktop into the application launch bar or on the desktop
Otherwise it is always possible to launch Computree directly from a terminal by typing, in the installation directory of Computree, the following command:
Adding plugins¶To install plugin not included in the standard installation package:
- Download (and unzip) the plugin library (.dll for Windows, .so for linux, taking care to take the version adapted to your system...)
- Move the library in the /ComputreeInstall/plugins sub directory of the installation folder of Computree :