Identifying tree volumes in tables (via simpletree)
I am using the workflow “SimpleTree_Beta_4.33.03_Computree 5.0.054b_plot_fully_automatic_no_deleaving” for the identification of the volume of scanned trees.
Unfortunately I can’t find it in the output data. There is one huge table with all the fitted pipes (I assume). And if I try to open the result list it says that it’s impossible to open it.
Thanks for your help.
welcome to the forum and thanks for your interest in using my plugin.
a) I have to check this output file again. I put all information also into the QSM files (the one containing detailed). As I do not use this file anymore, I will check on Monday
b) I know I use not typically csv format though, the field separator is “;”. That might be the issue which I assume. You can easily check if the file is corrupt by opening it in a text editor as a text file. If it is displayed there, the issue needs to be fixed by word. As a general recommondation for requesting forum help(not only here): upload the file as well to the screenshot. I could have tested the issue in 30 seconds from my homemachine (but will do anyway on monday).
c) In the subfolder “detailed” you find the QSMs, 1 file per scene with a naming link also to the ply files. You can also use those, build one volume per line from startpoint, endpoint and radius and sum up per tree. You can also reduce the QSMs to what I consider save measurements (most likely stem and branch order 1-2) by removing all cylinders (rows) which are tagged with allometry corrected. And extrapolate the missing volume urself. I will try to document this still in my two remaining weeks of project time.
RE: Identifying tree volumes in tables (via simpletree) - Added by Hillenbrand Matthias over 2 years ago
just for your acknowledgement: I found the problem. The file couldn’t be opened because of spaces after the first 5 of the semicolons.
Thanks for your hint. I put the file I mean in the Appendix.
The file opens also normally with my Microsoft Word (French Locale). Cant tell more, but problem seems fixed,
good luck have fun