Project

General

CompuTree crashes with high resolution 2D Clustering

Added by Wilson Nicholas about 1 year ago

Hi,

I am trying to identify tree stems so that I can remove them for an analysis of fire fuel.

I have been following the instructions from the 'HT5 - Measuring 1.30 m diameter automatically’ page in the CompuTree wiki. However, when I run the 2D Clustering step CompuTree crashes if I have the maximum distance between points below 3cm, or the thickness of the columns below 4cm. I am working in a Eucalyptus forest clipped to 6m radius, which is not particularly dense.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can run this step at a higher resolution without crashing CompuTree? Do I just need a more powerful computer?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick

Replies (2)

RE: CompuTree crashes with high resolution 2D Clustering - Added by Hackenberg Jan about 1 year ago

Do I just need a more powerful computer?

Try always on a stronger computer in your lab/uni before you do such a decision. I think by the numbers, that is not the solution. You seem to work internally with 200x 200 pixel sized pics, and the problem might more be related to somehting like a former OpenCV update after the step was written. That should not be a problem for any computer sold past 2000.... If I understood your numbers wrong, apologize.

RE: CompuTree crashes with high resolution 2D Clustering - Added by Piboule Alexandre about 1 year ago

Hi,

@Wilson Nicholas:
Which Computree version are you using ? 4 or 5 ?
Are-you on Windows or Linux ?

You can find the lastest versions of computree here (for Windows) : http://rdinnovation.onf.fr/projects/computree-beta-version-base/files

(take the more recent one).

Best regards.
Alexandre Piboule.

(1-2/2)