Project

General

Keep tree ID and Separate Crown from Stem

Added by Vandendaele Bastien over 1 year ago

Hi all,

I’m using the version 5.0.100 of Computree. I’ve got two issues:

1/ I’ve isolated about 400 trees with Simple Tree for which I’ve replaced the automatic ID by my own and add a Classification field (vegetation vs soil) to each of them:
So for exemple my first tree in .asc will be:
ID X Y Z Classification
1 2.5 6.3 15.5 2
1 .. 3
1 ..

I want to (a) filter each individual tree further and export the result with the same input ID and Classification field
(b) extract some attributes as DBH, or log cuvature and keep the ID in the CSV file to be able to compare each attribute with my field inventory.
Is there a solution for this?

2/ I’ve seen that there is a beta work on the separation of crown from stem (“Segment crowns from stem clusters - ONF”). Is this step available and valid? If yes what are the exact imput I need to give?

Thanks,

Bastien Vandendaele - USherbrooke

Replies (2)

RE: Keep tree ID and Separate Crown from Stem - Added by Hackenberg Jan over 1 year ago

Hi Bastien,
if there is not hidding magic in Computree (can be the case, but I am not aware of) you need to avoid SimpleTree functionality, as I only take care of x,y,z. If you want to extract DBH from SimpleTree QSM, I can garantee that there is no solution to write your desired ID in the SimpleTree exporter. Maybe not the answer you are hoping for, but that is how it is.
Cheers
Jan

RE: Keep tree ID and Separate Crown from Stem - Added by Vandendaele Bastien over 1 year ago

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your answer, I wanted to be sure before trying an alternative.
I may have a solution to keep the tree ID by using the computree batch processing on individual tree files (tree_ID.asc for ex), keep the ID in the output file name and finally merge all files.

Hope it’s gonna work,

Cheers,

Bastien

(1-2/2)