Project

General

Plot modelling QSM

Added by Heuschmidt Florence over 1 year ago

Hi Hackenberg,

I want to model tropical trees at a plot scale. I tried it on Computree_v5.0.179c and in the Diabolo_Release_SimpleTree_Beta_4.33.06_Computree 5.0.054b but with both I have the same problem : the machine always crash at the step « QSM spherefollowing method -advanced for plot ».

The steps I am using are usually:
1- Load DTM
2- Load my point cloud
3- Extraction of a point slice parallel to the DTM
4- Euclidean clustering operation. Produces sub clouds of the clusters
5- Segmentation into tree clouds
6- QSM spherefollowing method -advanced for plots.

All work until the step 6. I tried the same algorithm with only one tree and it works but not at the plot scale.

Do you have any idea of what the error can be ?

And I also have another question : is there a way to know after the construction which points are not construct ? For example when the algorithm can not constructed a part of a tree because an occlusion.

Thanks,
Florence

Replies (3)

RE: Plot modelling QSM - Added by Hackenberg Jan over 1 year ago

Hi Florence

you can save all clouds after Step5. Then you make yourself a tiny script which loads 1 cloud and models with 6. In fact you seem to have it already. You can then at least build a pipeline using batch mode on all trees, see here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIi1fzUgIU
From what you said, there will be at least one segmented tree which crashes step6. As with the method I descriped a crash is not that horrible, as it crashes also only one cloud instead of all data, you have more work that without your problem, but its still more automatic than:
load a single cloud, model it, wait until done, save and manually repeat. You can set up pipeline instead and do all modelings over night/weekend.

When identified the crashing cloud (can be of course more than 1) you can upload it in this topic. If I find time, I will try to look up the problem.
Jan

RE: Plot modelling QSM - Added by Heuschmidt Florence over 1 year ago

Thank you for your help! I will try the batch mode as you said.

Bests,
Florence

RE: Plot modelling QSM - Added by Hackenberg Jan over 1 year ago

You should be able to parse the folder containing saved tree clouds in bash on Linux or Windows Power Shell. Then write a tool which replaces the file name in your script and saves it again, iterating over all files. And so on. This is most automatic which you could do. Nevertheless you need to find for help in an appropriate forum for your used commandline tool.

(1-3/3)